The Villa Heydert is a historic residential building in Potsdam. In 1764, it became property of the royal gardener Heydert Joachim Ludwig. 100 years later, it was rebuilt by the architect Ludwig Ferdinand Hesse and he gave it an Italian country style. The building underwent a change of use, when it was purchased in 1921 by Sigismund Thiemann, who began collecting sculptures, paintings, furniture, textiles and works of art from different periods and regions. After his death, they were donated to the state. It's a very nice villa, but today it needs a coat of paint.